 Events / 1215

Subject:
CC3:Stairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 12:06:06 GMT

COMMUNITY CONTEST # 3: Stairs

Stair

(stâr)
n.
A series or flight of steps; a staircase. Often used in the plural.
  • This Community Contest shall run from Saturday, May 1st through Sunday, June 2nd. You may enter a robot in this Contest up until Midnight (12:00pm) on Sunday, June 2nd. *
CC3:Stairs Rules, Guidelines and Judging Criteria:

GUIDELINES: The Challenge of this contest is this: build a bot capable of ascending 4 stairs, then descending 4 stairs.

RULES:
  • Only LEGO elements allowed.

  • The bot may be driven manually, but bonus points will be given for an autonomous program.
JUDGING CRITERIA: The judges will, with all possible fairness and equality, judge the entrants to the CC3:Stairs contest based on the following criteria (ordered by importance):
  • Efficiency (judged by climb time and stair size (vertical and horizontal)
  • Creativity
  • Realization/Functionality/Robustness
Programs will be judged separately.

By submitting an entry to the CC3:Stairs contest, you grant the CC Team full rights to publish your entry documentation online for the purpose of displaying information about entries and winners.

Thus summarizes and ends the Rules, Guidelines and Judging Criteria of the Third Community Contest (which hereafter may be known as CC3 and/or CC3:Stairs).

The Judge Panel shall consist of all Active Hosts currently in the LEGO MindStorms Forum at the conclusion of CC3:Stairs, save those Hosts who request exclusion from the Panel.

You must include the following in your entry email:
  • Description in a simple text file (no Microsoft Word or Works documents, please)
  • Pictures or a CAD file (please keep each picture size under 300KB)
  • Program (optional, according to rules)
For this contest you may send entries to the following Hosts: Roboman8 (roboman9@btinternet. c o m), steve62 (stephan.matter@solnet. c h), Nate883 (npickens@sbcglobal. n e t), Buachaille (webmaster@roboticsresources. c o m), Revi (revi@gorobotics. n e t) and Littlehorn (jodokast@earthlink. n e t).

I now announce that the Community Contest #3: Stairs is hereby underway and active! May the best man win, and Play Well!

Re: CC3:Stairs