 Education / 287
Re: Bricks for Brains Big Announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.edu
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2008 19:35:20 GMT

In lugnet.edu, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Duane Collicott wrote:
   I am very proud to announce that Bricks for Brains (www.BricksForBrains.org) has just received word from the IRS that our application for tax-exempt status has been approved.

Congrats! Now, does this mean that when you run BrickBash, you aren’t allowed to keep any of the gate proceeds? I mean, seriously, what does happen to all the monies we fork over for admission? I propose that you start divying it up amongst displaying attendees.

Hopefully by the time BB rolls around again you’ll have forgotten all about this and won’t remember to make good on your threat. ;P

It means next year admission cut in half.

Side note to those who don’t get the jokes but really have a need to know these things: nobody pockets money from Brick Bash (except the pizza delivery guy), and nobody pays admission for Brick Bash.