 Dear LEGO / 907
Re: Cataolgs, Justus and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:43:03 GMT

that Huw decided to remove his excellent preview scans and that Kevin has to
impose a ridiculous restriction against post 1997 set instructions on his
web site. Lego ignores the AFOL community for decades, and now that they
finally decide to start getting with it I suppose we all have to roll over
and play dead.

The pre-1997 (or more specifically not in current retail assortment)
restriction on my website is not rediculous and definately _NOT_ imposed on
me.  I have said this a thousand times privately and publicly.  When I started
the site, outside of any official guidance from TLC (and I don't want any) I
made certain decisions regarding content and format.  Those decisions were
based on common sense and were consistent with my desire to make a "good faith
effort" to not  adversely affect TLC's interests.  In fact the result has been
benificial for everyone involved.

You might even read Brad's latest post as permission to publish current
instruction scans.  I'm surprised that everyone missed that significant point.
Regardless, it is still my policy to not publish scans of sets in the current
retail assortment, so I'm the "bad guy" on this issue, not TLC.

I am fully capable of dealing with any issues relating to brickshelf.com.
Please let me deal with them myself and don't ask TLC for anything related
to it.

KL