 Dear LEGO / 4798
4797  |  4799
Subject:
Castle, Harry Potter, and Town Ultimate Collector's Series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:54:19 GMT

I just recently saw a commercial for the new Harry Potter line, where three
children are playing with the new sets. The camera follows the Knight bus down a
street, decorated with various houses.
This got me thinking:
Where are the UCS [b]Buildings?[/b]
I'm talking about highly-detailed, larger piece quantity, possibly bigger scaled
sets in the vein of previous Star Wars UCS sets like the X-Wing, Star Destroyer,
etc.
Just imagine a UCS Hogwart's Castle, or UCS Black Monarch's Castle, or a UCS
Main Street!
I would definitely purchase several copies of each set, one for display and one
for pieces!
This could also be quite an effective way to assuage the AFOL community about
recent issues:
1. Lots of new colors, in large quantities. Excellent way to beef up collections
with the new greys and browns.
2. No juniorization. The absence of un-necessary hunks of plastic, and instead,
more relevant and re-usable pieces.
3. Higher set prices. While not a pro to the consumer, per se, it [b]does[/b]
mean higher revenue intake to TLC. More money = Higher Production Values =
Better New Sets = Happy Customers!!
4. Coolness factor/ Collector's Pride. I know I would love to have an offical
UCS set on my shelf. I know other people would too. It would lend a newer, less
creepy meaning to the phrase: "Come see what's in my bedroom." :)
5. Endless possibility, yet again. These sets would also hit the core of what
TLC is all about: imagination. That swelling pride of accomplished building is
never so great as when you complete an awesome set, and these sets would be the
true "Legends."
6. Marketability. UCS buildings could extend way past obvious themes as well.
Spider-Man, Studios Monsters, Ninja, Adventurers...

I think this is a great idea and would love to see it happen.
Come on, TLC!

-Jason C.
the Rascal King