 Dear LEGO / * (-5)
Re: Lego fire sets (was Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:35:25 GMT

In lugnet.town, Steven Asbury wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Ray Silva wrote:
   Steven,

Speaking of Lime Green Fire Engines, I’d love to see one from TLG too. But until they make one, you can check out this pic of my Lime Green Fire Engine. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3275744

There are lots of departments that have lime fire trucks, but Lego hasn’t given us the parts to make them. In addition, almost all airport fire departments have their rigs in lime.

Based on my conversations with other builders, I put together a list of parts that aren’t available.

1) Lime doors. Including car doors and lift doors.

2) A better ladder piece. The current ladders from Lego work great as ground ladders, but there hasn’t been a piece that works well as an aerial ladder

Megablocks makes one, but it’s too large and I would never buy their brand.

3) Minifig hazmat suits I think a rescue hazmat set with a rescue truck and minifigs would sell VERY well.

4) Flat windscreens in 6-wide. (Long been a problem for fire truck builders)

5) Please re-release this part in red. It’s going for as much as $20 on Bricklink.

Lego fire builders represent one on the larger sub-groups here and on Brickshelf. And Lego fire sets consistently show up on Lego Shop and Home’s top 25 sellers list.

Thanks for your consideration!

-Steven

The 2012 fire set photos have now been widely distributed.

I know some people will groan at yet another line of city fire sets, but keep in mind that kids are the target audience, and these sets sell well.

However, Lego put some long-awaited goodies in these sets that AFOLs have been asking for.
  • New ladder piece!
  • Printed fireman legs
  • Fire chief minifig
Thank you, TLC, for these. Can’t wait for these sets to be released.

-Steven

Re: New Re: to an old parts thread: wishin' on a star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 13:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.build, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   I’ve posted these on Cuusoo, please support: snot

1x2 technic liftarm-snot yay!

snot yay!

Supported!

New Re: to an old parts thread: wishin' on a star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2012 23:23:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’ve posted these on Cuusoo, please support: snot

1x2 technic liftarm-snot yay!

snot yay!

thanks!

Jeff

Subject:
Creator sets with articulation joints
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:28:54 GMT

Dear Lego
I'm a HUGE fan of the creator sets (I can seriously see myself content with just
one or two of these if I was stuck on a desert island).  The sets with
articulation joints in particular are my favorites but I noticed that with last
year's 5868 Ferocious Creatures there were only five rotation pins (which are
preferable to ball/socket joints and simple hinges), while the previous year's
6751 Fiery Legend contains nine pins.  The rumours are that for 2012 we'll be
getting the 6914 Prehistoric Hunters set which again has a decrease in
pins/joints (maybe four or five at the most).

This may not be a trend, but before it becomes one may I request that you don't
decrease the articulated creator sets' pin count?  In my estimation, at least
one creator set a year with a minimum of eight pins would be preferable.

..joseph g

Subject:
Online PAB and Design-by-me needs more parts for Lego Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 03:44:44 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I was using Lego Digital Designer and am disappointed the downhill availabilty
of certain important parts to build "buyable" models.

I would like to see a return of "warehouse" sliding doors to make
box cars.

Train-style doors would also be nice as well as train windows (both in
2x3 and 4x3)... please.

I looked at the instructions to build a mail car from the 7722, and
found that I really only need 2 red sliding rail doors, the pair of
"decorated train doors" and a set of two 2x3 thin yellow train
windows.

Yes, there was a bit of minor substitution but it is mostly distiguishable
as the model.

Here is what it looks like:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/medib/lego-fun/7722mailvan.jpg

Yeah I know... where are the f-in doors???

Ben

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact