 Color / 598
597  |  599
Subject:
Jake, could you please clarify the list? (Was: Re: Universal Color List...finally)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:22:57 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
Without further ado, the universal color list:
Dear Jake,

could you clarify this list? You mentioned some colours that are not on
the list of Lego colours at Peeron, so I tried to find the most
plausible matches of "your" colours to the Lego-internal list of colour
numbers and names.

The first column is the Lego-internal colour number, and the addition in
parenthesis is the Lego colour name as given on Peeron and Isodomus, if
different. But some colours are hard to match, or not present at all.

And if I mismatched something, don't hesitate to correct me.

24  Yellow (Bright Yellow)
106 Orange (Bright Orange)
21  Red (Bright Red)
23  Blue (Bright Blue)
102  Medium Blue
29  Medium Green
28  Green (Dark Green)
192 Reddish Brown
??  Beige
??  Nougat
??  Light Nougat
1   White
208 Light Stone Grey
194 Stone Grey (Medium Stone Grey)
199 Dark Stone Gray
26  Black

44  Transparent Yellow
41  Transparent Red
??  Transparent Blue
??  Transparent Dove Blue
48  Transparent Green
40  Transparent Clear (Transparent)

"Beige" might be "5 Brick Yellow" in Legospeek.

A "Nougat" is present in the Peeron list, but this seems to be an
extremely odd colour to get "Universal" status. A "Light Nougat" is not
listet at all.

And which of the many transparent blues is "Transparent Blue" (43?) and
which is "Transparent Dove Blue" (??)?

Have a look at http://www.isodomos.com/ColorTree/Roots for a better list
of colours, too.

Yours, Christian