 Color / 1501
Re: Is there room for a LEGO Color Website?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.color, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   Do you think that there is sufficient interest/value in a LEGO Colour website? I have a lot of ideas about forum structure, contests, posting rules, topics of conversation, and hopefully some useful resources for LEGO builders of all themes.

Obviously, the site would focus on the use of colour and colour combinations in LEGO creations. Also, a ‘New Colour Watch’ topic, colour fading and bleaching, and hopefully a fairly definitive linkable colour palette.

I’d like to hear your ideas and criticisms!

While color is important to many AFOLs, I don’t believe that a website dedicated to only the topic of color would work too well due to its possible small niche of members.

So my suggestion would be to start a Flickr group and put your time and effort into that. With over 2,000 members in the main Lego® group (called ‘LEGO’) there plus all of the related AFOL groups you should be able to maintain a pretty cool group dedicated to color. I know that I would join.

If even a Lego® Complaining Group can be found on Flickr, then any dream is possible! ;^)

There’s sort of a LEGO Color group already on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/legocolors/

Called “All the colors of the (Lego) Rainbow”

--Mike.