 Color / 1490
Re: Its starting to happen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:30:53 GMT

In lugnet.color, Tiffeny Thompson wrote:

I have the same problem, I just paid for dark gray Lego on ebay and am similarly
upset.  ITS BLAY =,( I do have buckets of the three new colors, but also am
trying to avoid using and buying them.  But what do I do when people do this,
the poor ebay guy has no clue.  However bricklink people NEED to have a clue.
This shouldn't happen on bricklink =(

I have a couple of thoughts:

1. Ask the seller specifically what color it is.  If you don't know the seller,
don't assume they are familiar with the differences.  The older, and more rare
the color-part combination is, the more important it is to ask.

2. The various keepers of the various community color 'databases' might want to
consider renaming the colors, so "gray" becomes "old gray" and "blay"/"medium
stone" becomes "gray".  Ditto for the other changed colors.

2a. Or go with a 3-color system, like "old gray", "new gray" and "gray".  If
someone lists a product as "gray", buyers will know to tread carefully.

Oh! I almost forgot!

3. Don't worry about it.  It's just a little piece of plastic.

Steve