 Color / 1447
  Re: off-color red bricks

(...) Our off-color red bricks are from the 60s, and the plastic they are made from seems to be at least as hard as ABS, so they aren't made from this third, softer plastic. They are most likely CA, but the fact that none of them are warped is (...) (16 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: off-color red bricks

(...) Well the lack of "grip" is a strong hint for CA anyway. Even if the bricks are not warped, there is some extent of shrinkage which causes the lack of grip - I think I heard from different sources that CA bricks never had too much grip to begin (...) (16 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: off-color red bricks

(...) These off color bricks are from the mid to late 70s and maybe into the very early 80s. The are neither kind of plastic that the Samsonite and early sets were made from, a totally different soft plastic and they grip the same as the newer (...) (16 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.color)