Re: observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 01:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Craig Hamilton writes:

thanks for the group, todd!

while discussing this very sub group, many people mentioned the technical
arguments that have arisen since CW started.  i want to take this oportunity
to share an observation.

i've been watching NOVA on Georgia Public Television lately.  there have
been great episodes lately in which modern scholars and designers build
authentic as possible reproductions of seige towers, roman baths, easter
island heads and chinese bridges. i've enjoyed these shows immensely as they
apply to and inspire my own castle creations. (i highly reccomend these
shows to any lego castle fans!)

each episode, however, is peppered with feisty arguments between truly
brilliant people regarding how each project should be done. it all seems to
be a part of the process, and always works out for the best in the end.

we here in CW have never gotten truly nasty, just a little heated at
times.  it's a sign that people are passionately interested and only want CW
to work and be the best it can be. (this is what i see, and i think it's
great!)  disagreements are a natural phase of any communal creative project,
and as necesary as the raw material and man power when it comes to geting
the job done.  i've stated before that CW becomes more like a "family" every
week, and families argue too. as long as we are civil and courteous and
continue to be so, i really think it will be fine.

anyway,  just an observation i want to share...

later ~ craig~

  Fist let me say i am not a member of castle world, maybe soon, but not
right now.  I too have seen the NOVA series and have enjoyed it alot, and while
i have only been reading lugnet a few weeks, i have found the CW argument quite
iteresting.  I think you guys have good thing going, and look foward to many
more of your debates.  Just felt like saying something about the matter.
Alright i got bored, but i do mean what i said.  I hope CW achieves great
things.

  OH Alow me to introduce myself.  My Name is Cale and if you haven't geused
already i'm new to Lugnet.  So if i mess up feel free to say so.

  Cale