 Castle / 6592
Re: Uneven coloring in chrome shields from 4819
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:33:26 GMT

60 sets!  Now there's dedication to the cause.  Meanwhile, I've called
Consumer Affairs (US), and the answer is that their "test" model
there has the same marking pattern, so apparently it's intentional.
(The representative actually put me on hold in order to go fetch the
set).  The guess seems to be that the "feathered" chrome color allows
for better contrast on the bull insignia.

I will be getting the correct instruction sheets from Consumer Affairs.

My thanks to all who responded to my post on this.  And have a look
at Rene Hoffmeister's site as well, even if you don't read German.

Paul Ferguson
http://home.att.net/~locker99

In lugnet.castle, René Hoffmeister writes:
All three have a circle
about 1/2 inch in diameter, staring right at the top of the
Bull's head, where the "chrome" color is applied much less
than on the rest of the shield

Das ist richtig, ich habe 60x #4819 gekauft, in jedem Set ist das Schild so.

Viele Grüße, René
www.1000steine.de