 Castle / 6410
Re: Water Temple MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:35:20 GMT

Nathan McDowell <Skiing_Scotsman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Wow!  I've never used LDraw but I can imagine that making something that • big
in that program without having something real to base it on was some hefty
piece of work to accomplish.  It looks great! =)

Thanks again.  I actually had to keep rendering it in POV-ray to get a
decent view of things.  MLCAD provides a 3-d view, but it is somewhat rough.
The POV-ray output is great and it only takes a second or two to generate at
reasonable quality.  MLCAD is a little difficult to learn, but its pretty
efficient once you get the basics down.

I was actually quite "religious" about only building "real" LEGO creations,
but my LEGO building space and budget is limited while we wait for our new
house to be built (and are living in an appartment).  LDRAW provides a
viable alternative.

P.S. I haven't stopped my "real" LEGO building.  I'll be posting some
aquazone/space creations in a few days.

Brad