 Castle / 6232
Re: Nationalities of Themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:10:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel S. Allen writes:
As the title says, I am trying to figure out what country the themes come • from:

Crusaders, Royal Knights, Forestmen- English
The Crusaders were in Syria, according to a (non-LEGO) book I recently read.
Royal Knights and Forestmen are probably English.

Black Knights, Dragon Masters- German
I don't know about Black Knights.  When I first saw the Dragon Masters I
thought they were Oriental, but they probably aren't.  They could be German.

Black Falcons- French
Seems right.

Fright Knights- Transylvania?
I think that the Fright Knights are also German.  The Grimm Fairy Tales
occasionally involving LEGO-like witches are old German folk tales, according
to National Geographic, so that's where I imagine the Fright Knights.

Then there are other Castle  themes-

Wolfpack- ???
Dark Forest- English (descendants of Forestmen?)
Ninja- Japan
Knights Kingdom- Spain? (not sure why I'm guessing this)

Speak up if you have better ideas.
I don't know if my ideas are 'better', but I spoke up anyway.

  -dead