 Castle / 5527
Re: Here they are, Pics of my Tudor Houses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:00:03 GMT

http://web.newave.net/~kpeterson/Trizeta/

I love the interior shots of the town hall...the balcony and jovial
customers are a nice touch...A rich environment.
I think the stage compliments the setting very well.

Thanks, John. That particular building (white and black) is the town hall. I
guess some local entertainers (jesters) decided to make some quick gold by
holding a quick display of antics and jokes. It seems they sure attracted a
crowd!

In trying to develop Asian style dwellings, I have often fond myself more
Tudorish dwellings, but yours are superior...I like the use of classic
shudders with the new Fright Knight/Pirate era arched windows.

I guess that particular combination just seemed obvious to me. I felt bad
about neglecting the 1x4x3  standard windows so I went ahead and added them to
the town hall on either side....including shutters. I think the
internal "panes" might look better if they were lattice.

I keep running out of white bricks...I was thinking of doing a black+blue
style...I think yours turned out great...very inspiring.
I like your yellow tudor dwelling...I am not longing for those yellow Tudor
walls from BF Fortress as much anymore = )

LEGO is all about color!  I know many of the castle dwellers here like that
dark, dispairing look..and that's fine, but I felt that color would look
cooler, and help distinguish between shops. Although an Orange and Black color
scheme may not be realistic. I really think it would look good.

Do all your dwellings have rich interiors like the town hall?

Not at this point. If you notice the two smaller houses have the
chimneys/stoves pulled out. I'm still debating whether or not I want the
smaller houses to be "playable"

I think this is a great start for a village...I wold love to see more...it's
very easy to envision a variety of different color Tudors in your design;
red, tan, gray, etc.

Absolutely! I do have a red and black house (with yellow windows and shudders)
but It is MIA right now. Yes, occasionally I do paint the outside of some of
the arched windows. It's important to have 2 colors other than the black
tudor. Tan is on my todo list hre is a list of possible combos:

blue w/ red windows and shutters   *done*
blue w/ yellow windows and shutters
blue w/ green windows and shutters
red w/ yellow windows and shutters  *done*
red w/ green windows and shutters
red w/ blue windows and shutters
white w/ red windows and shutters  *done*
white w/ blue windows and shutters
white w/ green windows and shutters
tan w/ blue windows and shutters
orange w/ blue windows and shutters
yellow w/ blue windows and shutters *done*
yellow w/ red windows and shutters
yellow w/ green windows and shutters

That should make up a pretty nice/ colorful town!

Good luck on your building John!