 Castle / 5270
Re: Survey: Which sets are useful for Casle building? (Was: Re: 7184 useful for castle!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:36:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daan Bargerbos writes:
Which brings me to the basic question: which sets do you think are useful in
building Castle? (Of course every LEGO set qualifies ;-))

Like you said - pretty much every set qualifies...
I find the SW sets as awesome resources for castle parts and population. Town
and trains are normally less helpful, but on occasion there are some cool
pieces that come with them so it's worth it (namely - green hair! <grin>).

I also like Paradisa and Belville sets for special pieces, but I know that the
rest of the castleheads don't always agree with me. (At least I've got Craig
and Richard M. on my side! ;-)

Uh... what else. Space sets might be useful - the UFO armor was neat and the
quarter-saucer-discs, once brassoed clean, are very useful. They also had some
neat trans heads.
I also got an insectoids set as a prize at the Brickfest (I'd never pay
*money* to get one, but it was a PRIZE after all ;-), and I liked the Queen's
blue head and hands very much. I still hafta figure out what to do with the
rest of the pieces - I just need to think, I know there's *something* to do
with'em. <grin>
I can't remember if Franklin Cain used the insectoid legs for his spider
chariots, or other pieces...? (The dixielug folks can prolly answer that, I
hear... a little bird told me they had a visitor from a faraway realm down
there, I'll be expecting Greg's pics!)

Oh well... enough ramble for tonight, sleep is a neccessity if I want to get
up bright and early tomorrow... and I do! :-)

see ya,
-Shiri

P.S.: thanks to John Robert Blaze Kanehl and Shiri Dori for answering my
questions sofar (I'm a beginner, so every comment is welcome!)

No problem - my pleasure. Gives me something to do. :-)