 Castle / 5253

Subject:
7184 useful for castle!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 09:54:26 GMT

Hello everyone

I've found the Star Wars set 7184, of which I immediately thought: wow, these
parts can be very useful in building structures (houses or castle). Normally
they cost here in the Netherlands ca. $64,50 but they are now (in some shops)
for half the price! So I've bought myself one beautiful set for only $32,25!
You can imagine how happy I am with another beautiful set (FOTD)!

My question (same as one before): are there any examples of using these
elements in buildings?
I have some ideas, but getting other impulses is never wrong.

Bye

Daan

Re: 7184 useful for castle!?
In lugnet.castle, Daan Bargerbos writes:
Hello everyone

I've found the Star Wars set 7184, of which I immediately thought: wow, these
parts can be very useful in building structures (houses or castle). Normally
they cost here in the Netherlands ca. $64,50 but they are now (in some shops)
for half the price! So I've bought myself one beautiful set for only $32,25!
You can imagine how happy I am with another beautiful set (FOTD)!

Oh, I can imagine that all right!!!

My question (same as one before): are there any examples of using these
elements in buildings?

Well, I'm waiting to find it on sale, and that won't happen for a while yet...
and I'm sure I'm not the only one olding my horses for this otherwise fabulous
set. :-)

I have some ideas, but getting other impulses is never wrong.

Well, I'd love to see your ideas put into action!!

And anyhow, most SW sets are great for castle building.

-Shiri
-- I'll be on vacation between July 15th and the end of August... please
   forgive slow replies to emails/posts.

Re: 7184 useful for castle!?
In lugnet.castle, Daan Bargerbos writes:
Hello everyone

I've found the Star Wars set 7184, of which I immediately thought: wow, these
parts can be very useful in building structures (houses or castle). Normally
they cost here in the Netherlands ca. $64,50 but they are now (in some shops)
for half the price! So I've bought myself one beautiful set for only $32,25!
You can imagine how happy I am with another beautiful set (FOTD)!

Oh, I can imagine that all right!!!

I haven't been able to find this set on sale here yet (Central NY state)...I
would probably buy a couple to add to my structures...I could rally use alot
of the brown plates and elements...

I have bought a few 7144 Slave-1s on sale also...this set offers some great
slopes and green parts for Castle/hill/mountain creations...

My question (same as one before): are there any examples of using these
elements in buildings?

Well, I'm waiting to find it on sale, and that won't happen for a while yet...
and I'm sure I'm not the only one olding my horses for this otherwise fabulous
set. :-)

I have some ideas, but getting other impulses is never wrong.

Well, I'd love to see your ideas put into action!!

And anyhow, most SW sets are great for castle building.

I agree,I like the SW sets, but I find myself taking duplicate sets and
adding these parts to my Castle parts...lol

               John

-Shiri
-- I'll be on vacation between July 15th and the end of August... please
  forgive slow replies to emails/posts.

Survey: Which sets are useful for Casle building? (Was: Re: 7184 useful for castle!?)