 Castle / 4081
Re: Heraldry for future sets:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 01:42:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Bill Farkas wrote:
What do youz guyz think about resurrecting these types of
heraldry instead of the current trend of using animal insignia.

I wouldn't mind seeing some non-animal blazons again.  I always kind of liked
the one that was bordure azure, divided per pale gules and argent.  Nice and simple.

(Hmm...maybe I ought to write up the heraldic blazons for the LEGO shields as
an article for my site...)

I think it
would open up the possible names you could give the different clans or groups -
I keep trying to come up with something that sounds better than "the Bulls" and
it's kinda hard with that big bull pic on the shields.

Make a leader whose sign happens to be a Bull, and name them after him. 8)
That's how they generally did it in the real world...

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m