 Castle / 4071
    Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons") —Shiri Dori
   (...) <snip> (...) LOL... I love the Greek mythologies but the one thing I don't get is: The citizens all believed in the prophets, so why the heck did they think they could change what the prophets said would happen?! (e.g. Titan and Zues, Oedipus (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons") —Jeff Johnston
   (...) Hubris? 8) The belief that by knowing the future they will be able to change it? Actually, it's kind of interesting to think that, for example, the whole Oedipus thing happened *because* his father knew of the prophecy and reacted the way he (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons") —Shiri Dori
   (...) Well, one way or another, they were guillible and stupid <grin, duck, run from lightning bolts>... (...) Or maybe the message is "it's gonna happen one way or another, so don't try and interfere with Fate". Not that I believe in that. -Shiri (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons") —Jeff Stembel
   (...) Its an eternal question: "By knowing the future, will I be able to change it, or in knowing the future, will I cause it to happen?" Its interesting to realise that the only way to know which one is true is to wait for it the future to arrive. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)