 Castle / 4035
Re: Non-castle Castles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:38:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
Here's a question:  What non-castle themed set (excluding ninjas) was or is
the best "parts set" available for castle related buildings, characters, etc.

Well... specific set I don't know, but I'd definitely vote for adventurers as
very castle-parts theme. 'Specially the desert subtheme which had supreme
quantities of tan bricks.

Aye, the Adventurers desert subtheme is great for tan bricks, as well as
jewels for the royal treasury. ;)

My vote would have to go to Fort Legoredo, for the sheer amount of log walls
and bricks, useful for making small armaments and peasant's houses.  It also
has 2, count 'em, 2 pairs of big black doors, and a set of small rectangular
doors.  Plus, 3 BURPS and 4 tan 16x32 baseplates are always a good thing.

I tend to agree... the Fort is a great set. Too bad I left it in Israel, I'll
have to grab it when I go there in July!

Also, by pictures alone, I say that the SW MTT will be an invaluable asset • for
brown and grey bricks and slopes.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Yeah, and it has the 2x2x2 slope! A peasant dress!

-Shiri

Didn't notice the 2x2x2, I can't believe I missed it!  Finally the common
womenfolk of the village don't have to wear pants anymore...
-Chris