 Castle / 3384
Re: Is Lego like London Buses?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:42:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
I still do no understand this chain of events:
1. Parent buys a set for say £30 - £40 tens years ago for little
Johnny/Jilly .
2. Parent encourages little Johnny/Jilly to look after the parts,
instructions & box.
3. Parent sticks it a cupboard for a couple of years when Johnny/Jilly out
grows it.
4. Parent goes down the car boot sale one Sunday, claims it is a collectors
item and sells it for a fiver.

Good lego sets, especially boxed, are still rare at car boots though.
Whilst there's always lots of toys on offer - and collectable ones like beanie
babies, corgi, etc - there is typically not much lego (down here anyway) -
Certainly never as much as I would like! There always seems to be more
playmobile than lego.

And if there is, it is often just a mixed up box full of parts, or some small
sets made up.
Finding a train, a castle, or bigger sets is difficult. Though I have got them
through this route.
The big box of mixed up parts can yield the best bargains though, like the
fabuland I sold and I hope to put a 928 and 918 combination on ebay soon as I
have finally sorted the parts, that cost me next to nowt considering the
complete price of the box of bits.

regards
lawrence