 Castle / 21328
21327  |  21329
Subject:
Value of incomplete 6075-2 original yellow castle?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:31:25 GMT

I posted this on the rec.toys.lego newsgroup, and some folks kindly directed me
here. I just got a bunch of stuff back from my parents that's been in storage
for probably 12 years, which included a lot of LEGO blocks. On PICSL I was able
to find a lot of instructions to old sets I used to own...and some I didn't know
I owned, like the original yellow castle. I put it together and found I'm
missing a few pieces on the castle itself, and the majority of the mini-figures
and horses. I'm posting a complete inventory here, because I find I really like
the "classic castle" sets but am not too enamored of the yellow castle, so I'm
thinking of selling/trading it for other "classic sets". I'm not sure of its
worth in its incomplete condition, however. I don't just want to throw it on
ebay without having some idea of what it's worth, though, because if it's only
worth like $20, I'll probably just keep it. Perhaps some folks here could give
me an idea of the set's value, considering the following:

The castle is missing the following pieces:

1 yellow hinge piece
1 black string for drawbridge
1 red flat 2x2 with rounded extension & hole for string (however I have
subsituted 2 2x4 flat pieces with holes in them and it doesn't look too bad -
and I may have the needed piece but I need to search the giant bucket-o-blocks
again)
2 gray flat 4x6
2 gray flat 2x6
5 black inverted 1x2 slope
white flag
all stickers

On the mini-fig front, all I have is the following:

3 blue men
2 white men
1 red man
1 black man
4 gray helmets with nose guards
2 green/yellow chevron shields
1 green/yellow chevron hauberk
2 plain gray (no sticker) hauberks
1 plain gray (no sticker) shield
2 red king's crown hauberks
1 yellow on blue hauberk
1 white cross on red shield hauberk
3 gray axes
3 gray lances
2 gray sword

I also made 2 horses, 1 white and 1 black. The white bricks are somewhat beat up
& discolored, though.

Overall the castle bricks are in excellent condition. Some have some scuffs, and
a few have some dents. I think the scuffs will come off with a bit of cleaning,
and the pieces that have marks or dents can be arranged in a way to limit their
view; I think it looks pretty good, actually.

So is this set, in this state of (in)completion, worth much of anything? Do you
think it's worth my time to put it on ebay? Also, for this site, I assume
posting conventions limit trade emails to the marketplace forum, so I hope I'm
not violating any rules by asking for a valuation in the Castle forum.

Thank you for your time,

Caleb

Largo, FL USA