 Castle / 20980
Re: Ulmaris Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 05:26:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava wrote:
   We am proud to present to you:

Ulmaris Castle

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/ulmaris/ulmaris01.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/ulmaris/thumb/ulmaris01.jpg_thumb.jpg>

Post-Mod Gallery

These pictures are only of the exterior of the castle. Interior shots will come after Brickfest when I don’t feel so much like a chicken with my head cut off.

Ulmaris Castle boasts
snip> -large amount of modularity (for model transportation)

Christina did much of the interior work, as well as the garden in the courtyard. All in all we am very pleased with the results. Well worth the months of planning and the month of construction.

Enjoy and please let us know what you think!

Very nice. The molted look works well. I like all the different arrow slits, the cross one in particular. Recessed walls with arches over windows is a nice effect. Good randomization of the path (inside and outside the main keep). I need to stock up on mosaics. A minor complaint, no tudor buildings?

You mention modularity, any chance of taking pictures as you ready it for the trip to BrickFest?

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG

Thanks! I was a little worried about the mottling, but so far everyone seems to think I did a good job. The lack of tudor buildings comes from my want to use the original castle as much as possible. That being said, all the artist’s renditions that I could find of Beaumaris castle had no tudor buildings. Thus, I did not build any.

As for modularity and the trip, I went ahead and took a few pictures of the packing up of the castle. I’m sorry that I didn’t get some good pics of the castle being torn apart, but I have posted pics of the castle being put together in another folder in the same root folder.

Gallery

--Anthony