 Castle / 20889
Re: Announcing the C-C.com CheckMate Chess Contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:09:08 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Anthony Sava wrote:
   In honor of the new LEGO chess set, I am pleased to announce the Classic-Castle.com CheckMate Chess Contest! ... Learn more HERE.

Well, rats. I was about to propose a Chess Set contest, but I would have proposed it with no restrictions on theme. Medieval themes would of course have been well represented, but I think we would have seen some interesting entries in other genres too, such as Space, Pirates, Robots, and so on.

I suppose we could still have a more wide-open contest, and let participants in the Classic-Castle.com one submit their entries to both...

Best,
- Joe