 Castle / 2088
Re: MOC version of the Yellow Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
(I'd have to look into my supply of blue arches as well.)

Are you kidding?! I didn't know there were any!
(I hope you're not just joking!)
I was pondering this just two days ago, while building my throne room, I
couldn't make any normal windows. I didn't know if there were any blue • arches.
For that matter, any colored arches at all (except for the inverse-red ones).

Does anyone know any colored arches? (that is, other than black, white &
grays)

Oh yeah, lots.  I've got yellow, red, brown, blue... nothing else I recall
off-hand, and darn few of them, but they exist.

I just realized that I've got a few myself - I just got four lt. yellow ones
(not tan) from 5824.

One thing you might try (it works very well with the 1x2x2 arched windows) is
"framing" the window in a different color - have a grey 1x4 under the window,
1x1's on the side, and a 1x4 arch on top.  Looks cool, and is even
historically accurate!

Thanks! That sounds like a great idea!

If you want a more diffinitve breakdown of what arches exist in what colors,
you'd have to ask "Gary Istok, the Answer Man." :)

LOL! I'll hope he answers!

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/