 Castle / 20814
Re: Some castle-related minifigs, and a method to make custom banners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 03:11:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Norbert,

Again, I’m amazed both by the time & dedication you put into your art, as well as the stunning results you were able to achieve in the end. Your knights reminded me of a set of lead figures I used to have sitting on my desk many years ago... I never thought someone would be able to capture so well the essence of lead miniatures into lego form, until you came here and show me :)

One comments that I have, however, would be that the plastic surface of the Lego armor doesn’t really match the sense of realism which obviously you were going after with this series of figures. Have you, thus, given any consideration to methods of giving the armors a more realistic look as well, such as via TwoTonicKnight’s Rub n’Buff method as he’s outlined here?

Credits of both the tutorial and picture must go back to TwoTonicKnight. But I think here’s definitely a case where two different types of skills can compliment each other very well. Good job from you as always!

Red Bean