 Castle / 19222
19221  |  19223
Subject:
Embellishing details...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:44:26 GMT

And I quote: How much detail you want to put in is totally up to you, the Player. However, the fun of an RPG is in the telling of the story; the more detail a Player puts in, the more fun he will get out.

And boy, have we been having fun!

Myself and a friend, Josh G., have been writing down plenty of “detail” over the last eight weeks that the game has been running. Between us and the Action Emails from our great Game Mediator Andrew, we’ve written over sixty pages of story! Maidens in distress, spooky crypts, unsavoury characters (both in looks and smell)...we’ve got it all.

Some of you may have been following the story. Others may have forgotten about the game not long after it was started. Thus, as a literary MOC, I present the first seven chapters of The Adventures of the Telrúnya Brothers and The Tales of Sir Anthony. Some chapters replete with pictures. (usually they are added after the story has been written, so if you’ve already read the story you may want to go back and see if you’ve missed any pictures)

We’re both anxious to hear what you all think of them, so don’t hesitate with comments (good, bad or betwixt)! New chapters forthcome each week (and I’ll probably reannounce this when we reach Chapters 15). We’re hoping for a huge flash of inspiration for Josh this week, as he had a particularly difficult Action Email and told me this morning he has only written one sentence so far. :) My chapter shall be late this week (I’m never later than Tuesday) because I’m creating a rather complex digital diorama of a heavily populated scene.

And, of course, you are all cordially and heartily invited to take up your keyboards and join us in this most enjoyable and happy occupation of our time. :) (good excuse to do some bricking, too, if you need one)

-Mike