 Castle / 19208
Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
From the tiny box art, I was unsure if there was anything but one new visor,
despite what was on the larger figures.

Five new visors?  Cool, and at least one new helmet to boot.  Too bad the swords
are all the same shape.

I don't care for the Saturday Morning Cartoon approach that Lego has taken
with these figure

It's no less realistic than the first Castle set I ever got my hands on.  You
might remember it.  Yellow walls?

It's like they haven't paid the slightest attention to what Castle fans have
asked for - which, to be fair, may not be the market that they are trying to
appeal to.

Every single product released needs to be designed with kids in mind.  Yes, some
of them are designed to be distinctly AFOL-friendly, but kids must always be the
primary target audience for the vast majority of the sets they release.
Anyways, give it room to breathe and see what develops in the next couple years
before you condemn the revival of such a staple minifig theme.