 Castle / 19105
19104  |  19106
Subject:
I'm Back with a lot of Mocs to prove it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:07:01 GMT

A BIG hello to all of Lugnet .castle! I’ve really missed everybody! Now that I’m settled in New Zealand and have all my work under control I’m ready to become an active member of the lego community again : ) And to prove my good will I’ve brought a load of new MOCs with me (all built since jan except one from christmas).

Anyways here they are (pics are links):

1st My personal faviorite The Sappers’ Tower. On this model you can pull open the hill to see the attacking sappers at work, then pull out a pin and the ‘undermined’ tower collapses. Also see in the 2nd picture the ethical question as an attacking knight is brought to see that the sappers have struck a vein of silver. (Wealth or Victory.)

2nd is an Occupied Inn Commandeered for its strategic position by the occupying force the Innkeeper merely shrugged and said ‘It’s an occupational hazard’. My faviorite part of this is the way the battlements connect on both sides with the second story and lead into it by doors.

Next is a Fishing Scene

Then 2 shops for the CCC: The Rare furniture Co. And a Falcon and Hawking store: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69353

And 2 carts (also for the CCC) A pillar cart: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69335 And a really cool elephant chariot (if I do say so myself): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69332

And do to an incredible error I misread the CCC rules and built to 80s style before realizing the problem. So I have no entries for the 3 non 80’s categories. Being a naturally gifted spin doctor I have ‘decided’ not to enter any of the non 80s prize categories. “But the Guarded Inn...” You say “No old set would have a black and white box.” I reply, then realize what I’ve said.

Anyways a great castle came out of it with a folding moat and cool drawbridge design.

Last of all is a Nativity Scene from Christmas

Well God Bless all, and as always let me know what you think!

Nathan Oh and here is me leaving Canada (in lego form)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nan/MISC/snowjourney.bmp

PS If Matt is reading this I’ve kept up with your book will email you re it later.