 Castle / 18925
Re: BLUNT Weapons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:14:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

"I want it, I want it, I want it..."
                - Magic Bus, The Who

The next line in the song is the unfortunate, "You can't have it!"  :-)

But if you are thinking about a new set of weapons, give them a haft similiar to
the mace since it holds the weapon in place better in a minifig's hand (your
beautiful axe has a tendency to slide down).  A ball and spike classic morning
star would be more cinematic than the four-flanged mace head that you put on
your flail.  The warhammer looks good as it.

Hope these comments are blunt enough for you!  Oh, and we need your logo's
armor.  Corinthian helmet, muscled corselet, and a round bronze shield!
Hoplites!

Bruce,

   I've had some "axe sliding" myself with older figs. Newer figs tend to
be fine with it. Hand stretching perhaps...or too slick of an axe handle?

   If I get these produced, the flail will be more "period" rather than
cinematic, sorry. I try to design these as close to the real thing as I
can, given the odd scale of all things minifig.

   Yeah, I know...Greek Hoplites and Roman Legionnaires. Of course, If I
make them - will enough people buy them. That's the question.

   Jeff
-->Bruce<--