 Castle / 18693
    Re: Raising a model? —David Ishak
   (...) This idea is Brilliant, Looks as though a lot less bricks required. At the moment I have been using 2x4 bricks, keeping them two studs apart and overlapping them(wish I had a pic to make sense). This method still uses a lot, at least I now (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Raising a model? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Interesting. It looks like it would be much more vulnerable to shear than the "GMLTC lattice" (search for that string to find lots of posts about it) though.... (20 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Raising a model? —Chris Phillips
   (...) Right, this design is not as strong in the lateral direction as a more dense lattice. For a stronger structure, you can place more layers of 2x4s, ie: put an X and a Y support brace together between every 5 2x2s instead of alternating x 5 y 5 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)