 Castle / 18693
  Re: Raising a model?

(...) This idea is Brilliant, Looks as though a lot less bricks required. At the moment I have been using 2x4 bricks, keeping them two studs apart and overlapping them(wish I had a pic to make sense). This method still uses a lot, at least I now (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Interesting. It looks like it would be much more vulnerable to shear than the "GMLTC lattice" (search for that string to find lots of posts about it) though.... (20 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Right, this design is not as strong in the lateral direction as a more dense lattice. For a stronger structure, you can place more layers of 2x4s, ie: put an X and a Y support brace together between every 5 2x2s instead of alternating x 5 y 5 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)