 Castle / 18408
Re: Yet another 'based on CCC'-style Castle MOC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:38:13 GMT

At 10:41 PM 11/1/2003, you wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Mike Thorn wrote:
...this time in red.

The Red Knight's Entry: a double gate with at least twice as many
defenders as the White Knight.

<snip>

Well done again. I would never have thought to use a road plate like that. You
are demonstrating a tremendous skill to use whatever's available to create
good
castle stuff.

Thanks. :) It's a skill born from necessity, really. I have a very limited
selection of anything in any color. Now that I have Red, White and Black
done, I was hoping to do Yellow, Blue and Green, but I haven't nearly
enough pieces. No weapons, either...I was making things up just doing Red
(they got flaming bombs of oil).

So... blue next????  :)

Actually, my sister got into the fun on Saturday and built a Blue/Green
combination (due to lack of minifigs and parts), but the way I suggested
she do it I didn't think turned out well. We decided to do a corner, so
that was easy, but I just didn't like the way it turned out. I'll have to
do some renovation.

Saturday night I and a few friends tried out James Brown's BrickBattles
(http://www.lugnet.com/gaming/~11/brickbattles) variant with my wall
sections and found it spectacular. They have about a billion Castle
minifigs, fully armed, so it was really cool. My sister and I spent about
three hours having it out last night as well (with much fewer units) and we
still aren't done! I have the lousiest archers...

~Mike