 Castle / 18204
18203  |  18205
Subject:
Orthanc - Saruman's Tower at Isengard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:02:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Seeing as this appeared on the lugnet.castle frontpage I suppose I had better
post about it ;)

My digital camera really just isn't up to taking closeup pictures, so
unfortunately the few pictures here will have to do for now. Next time I take it
to a lego fest I'll get someone to take some better closeups.

It is actually quite old now - one of the first big things I built since
emerging from my dark ages. It used pretty much every black brick I owned at the
time - some of the ones near the top are even made of plates when I ran out of
bricks.

It might not be entirely evident from the pictures, but there is a detatchable
brick near the top that can be slid out to attach the giant eagle so Gandalf can
make good his escape.

Annoyingly, Lego do not appear to make any white hair, so Saruman the White is
actually Saruman the Almost White.

Hope you like it.

James