 Castle / 18080
Re: Blue Dragon Mosaic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:40:26 GMT

Hey Andy,

Very cool!  I see what you mean about the dark grey.  Maybe if the whole
thing was bigger and you could use more of it to give parts of the dragon's
body a 3-dimensional texture.

I also agree with Anne that it would look great on a shield!  Nice work.

Dave

"Andy Lynch" <andy@NOSPAMandyandjackie.com> wrote in message
Hello everyone,
Just posted some pictures to BrickShelf of a quick blue dragon mosaic that • I
created over the weekend.

Here's a link to it:¬

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RandomLynch/BlueDragonMosaic/bluedragonmo
saic.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RandomLynch/BlueDragonMosaic/bluedragonth
umb.jpg>>

I have always liked the dragon shields, so decided to make this mosaic • using the
emblem of the rearing dragon.

It is mainly three colors, red, blue and yellow, with only a few dark grey
thrown in for a few shadows here and there.  I don't really think that the • few
grey bits adds to the mosaic, and may consider removing them and replacing • them
with nearby colors instead.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

Here's the folder link: ( once moderated)¬

Once the folder gets moderated, I also added the LDraw file that I used. • The
LDraw file is only 40 x 40, but I expanded the image by 2 studs in each
direction and added a black border.

Also, you can't see it in the pictures, but in the lower right corner I • added my
name in plates, as has been done by other mosaic artists. :-)

-Andy Lynch