 Castle / 1778
Re: another small house (a la David Eaton's Teeny Shack)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:55:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ben Gatrelle writes:
Here is a small house built after viewing David Eaton's Teeny Shack
<http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=1739>

I tried to build this to display the idea I had for a thatched roof using the
stickered piece from 6033 Treasure Transport.

Neat idea! Too bad I don't have enuff of that piece... (they're really handy) I
was thinking the ULTIMATE way to do this might be to use brown and tan tiles,
stacked, and lain sideways, off-center from each other, giving it that thatchy
sort of look... (unfortunately not only would this be impossible due to finding
the pieces, it'd also require glue or something I think... :( )

I also tried to make a window
with brown shutters using 2x4 plates and a 1x2 w/ horizontal bar. Maybe
someone else has done windows this way before.

This looked really cool! And they're all pieces that are available in the
miniature SW sets too (Lightsaber Duel, Naboo Swamp) except for the actual
2x4's... I wonder if it's possible to hinge them from the inside... hmmm...
I'll have to play with that this weekend... (After I build the Destroyer Droid
I picked up last night!)

DaveE