 Castle / 16407
  Re: Provincial village update

Wow Jon! The color usage and building shapes work so well. I never thought color was something that could really be used in castle, but you've proven me wrong. now to pull out the color bins and start working! thanks for posting! -lenny (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial village update

Thanks Lenny, I wasn't certain about the colors eithers, In fact I've got two more ubfurnished buildings in red and tan, that I'm still not certain the colors are "period" enough. the base lego colors are a little too bright and vivid for me. I'm (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial village update

Jon, I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. The exteriors of the building look great, but the interiors are what I really found fun. Using the axe as a pedal for the spinning wheel is brilliant. You've done a great job of adding tables, chairs, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial village update

(...) For a long time I always had problems thinking of what a medieval/renaissance village would have. you always come up with blacksmith and tavern.. but what else? And then it hit me, and it was so obvious and silly I couldn't stand it: (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial village update

That's a great list so far. You can also add: Tailor Miller (the most important job in any village) Cobbler Shoemaker Paper maker (I'm sure there is a better name for this) Jeweler Rope maker Clockmaker (Even if it's a sundial or hourglass) (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)