 Castle / 16000
Re: Moc of the Week....?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:22:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:

Hi.  I have sort of a proposed layout, but
haven't gotten any feedback from it.  I
personally would love the opportunity to
work on it (provided it by done more so
on a committee basis, rather than a
completely individual basis... call it the
"knights of the round table... or something."

Nice idea, but (assuming you attained
curatorship) how often would you be able
to update the sidebar? On a weekly or biweekly
basis? I think a certain standard should be
set there. But I'm for a rotating curators
position.

http://lugnet.com/~817/castlepage

Looks excellent by far, but do you propose
to load the sidebar with all of those images,
or just a few of them?

Also, I proposed several building techniques
section, highlighted weekly pieces (with
descriptions of interesting use) and of
course an archival section to list sites
that either died over the years or went
defunct. (remember, when there's a discussion
and someone says 'Verneer' or something to
that extent, Lurkers might not even have an
idea about what we're talking about unless
they can view original pics from the site
being discusssed, hence in the archival
section.) A writing tips section for castle
stories and perhaps a small guide on taking
closeups of minifigure scenes and castles
would make for an inviting sidebar addition
as well...

Has anyone proposed starting CW anew? I
appreciate the inclusion of the castle
world logo, but since that site went
defunct so long ago, is it even relevant
anymore?

Just a few thoughts,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast