 Castle / 15966
Re: Awesome mill spotted on BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 03:41:31 GMT

Hello Laura!

I have to say your work always inspires and amazes me.  I hope one day to
have even half the skill at creation as you do.  Thank you for sharing your
creations with the rest of us.

That's a great compliment, thank you very much!
However, I really do not see me more creative or skilled than others.

The funny thing is that I seem to be half a step (and many years) behind
you.  When you showed us your cathedral (or part of one) last year, I had
been working on one for months.

Hey, I've seen your Norman Cathedral ages ago and still find it great! So it
was you who were ahead of me with this project :-)

And for the mill: I was planning to build a watermill since I've read a
children's book called "Krabat" (I don't think it's known outside of
Germany. It's hardly known IN Germany.) Half a year or so ago I saw a very
nice water mill on BrickShelf, which, alas, I don't find again. But I didn't
let this argue me out of building my own mill. And so should everybody do.
Even if sombody's creation seems to be perfect, build your own version if
you really want to build it.

I'm just curious, how do you come up with new ideas?  From reading?  From
looking around you?

Sometimes I get ideas from reading (like the watermill). Mostley I just look
around and decide that something is worth being built, or I just WANT to
build something, so I build it if I can. What I wanted to build but not were
able to, the public will never find out :-)

Eine schöne Wochenende noch!
Laura

Danke, das wünsche ich Dir auch!

Bye