 Castle / 15904
15903  |  15905
Subject:
Cinderella's Castle at the Downtown Disney LIC 1997
Newsgroups:
lugnet.disney, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:25:09 GMT

Well, I cannot say this is very timely but...

I just uploaded, to Brickshelf, a few pictures that I took in 1997 for the
Grand-Opening for the LIC in Orlando, FL. I was fortunate enough to be
living in the area at the time and spent more than my fair share of time
helping to build a few of the towers. (What fun!) I had a terrific time and
met a lot of the LEGO designers out of Enfield. You can view the folder here:

My most favorite picture is this one:

This was, and may still be, the President of LEGO America (if I remember
correctly.) The old man sleeping on the bench was modeled to be an exact
replica with a bit of humor. For those of you who had the opportunity to
visit the Orlando store, you may remember the model would snore.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I also encourage others who have images of
this event to post their links in this thread. (I know Larry P. in
particular was also part of this event.) Thanks.

-Nick