 Castle / 15753
Re: Some support for game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:13:20 GMT

I personally like the idea of including resurrection of characters if this
is a fantasy game.  However, I would place huge restrictions on it.

I agree,

The kind of magic that can bring back the dead would be tremendously
powerful magic (for presumably a similar level of magic could kill without
question).

Sounds like Necromancy, I myself think that this sort of stuff should be
included in the game, gives it more of an edge, take the Necromancer for
instance, who wouldn't want a spell, where you can raise a skelaton or two
to do as you wish. Let other monsters beat on them for awhile, while your at
a safe distance away from the action, gives you a better chance for
survival, what do you guys think?

And then, the artifact of resurrection, even when found, is such an archaic
device that few can operate it properly.  When used, there could be a
percentage chance that it only returns the character in the form of an
undead (ghost, skeleton, zombie, mummy, etc.).

See thats just annoying, make it simple, just have a witch or someone, sell
ressurection scrolls for a very high price, if a person wants to bring a
dead party member back, make him fork over bout 500 gold or so.

And even if he gets properly raised, chances are the character should suffer
some stat or attribute penalty for having been dead (so you can never really
get the character back fully).

So your saying its the players fault for dying and that they should be
penalized for it? That doesnt seem too fair. (but thats just my opinion)

Those be my thoughts.

Joey