 Castle / 1562
Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:19:39 GMT

"Shiri" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fo5EHK.A8G@lugnet.com...
I've been thinking about setting up a homepage. It's about time, computers • are
taking over the world :-) and my (humble) lego creations are waiting to be
seen in public.
Even though I get along better than OK with computers, I've never really • tried
HTML for more than fooling around. I'm not really sure what to do, where • to
start, what to put on and what not...

I have pictures from one big house (town sort of thing) and some Castle
creations and stories that I'm working on right now. Also some weird stuff • (a
menorah out of lego :-) and a trip to Legoland CA.

If someone could help me with some guidelines/tips/ideas/good programmers • ;)
I'd really appreciate it.

Start small and simple, and just put on the information that you want to
share with others.  Avoid gadgets and fancy graphics and lots of colors and
just add more content and information as time goes on.

As a non-lego example I present my Bicycle Pages
(http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes).  This started out as one page with a few
pictures of my bikes.  Over the past couple of years it has grown and
multiplied and now it is getting fairly large.

My lego page (http://www.phred.org/~alex/lego) is still pretty small and
limited to a single topic.

My main homepage (http://www.phred.org/~alex) just conveys information about
myself, and is image free.