 Castle / 14728
Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:35:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeremy Scott writes:
Hey everyone!

A fellow .castle follower in a previous post suggested that .castle is
losing members because our lack of activity. Other groups are getting
stronger because they have group projects (POD's, Moonbase, Train Layouts)
and they have lots of activity - which leads to inspiration.  We here are
all bored without inspiration - and we need to get past this block and get
revved up to make for a bright future...

Now we need to do two things - find a project we can all work on (1) and get
ready for the day Hop-Frog is accepting new CW submissions.(2)

With that in mind - lets take a roll call.  Who is in?  Who is ready to make
the Castle theme once again rival all the others, build our .castle
community back to to rival its past glory days - and kick major .spacer butt?

I'm in.  Who's with me?

You can count me in on any castle project. Castle sort of
has that nostalgic feeling other feelings seemingly can't
deliver.

I'm guessing a lot of our "inspirations" come from such things
as Dungeons and Dragons, which I we should try to base our
creations on. Yeah, it may be tempting, but that takes most
of the fun out of it, If you're copying down character descriptions
and incorporating them into your work. I'm not saying it's
a sin to use others ideas, but I would prefer to create my
own style of creatures, and work off that. Otherwise, it's fan
fiction, and one key to success is pure originality. (although
there are exemptions)

Okay, you're probably thinking that I hate D&D. This is
not true. Sure .space does a similar approach, such as
some works as Babylon 5 and Star Wars, but most of the
works I've seen in .space are purely original, such as Adrian
Drake's blood moon, Gil Shaw's VOX, Pods, Spiffcrafts,
I can go on and on. One Idea to solve this problem, is
perhaps for .castle to work on a group project like a
novella in which each member contributes storyline
info, and the curator (or person who oversees the project)
can put it together into one epic. Either that, or
organize a castle most original creation contest. Now,
that would be tight.

I can't wait until the submission process to Castle World starts
once again. The reason I haven't myself, been thoroughly active
in castle, particularly inthe MOC threads, is my lack of access
a DigiCam. Cure that, and I'm in.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast and .castle supporter.

Not trying to be negative, but I think some of
these issues need to be addresses if we are to
apply ourselves and get back to our former glory.