 Castle / 14726
Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:39:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Maxwell writes:

A suggestion for a joint project.  Early in my reading LUGNET days, the
castle group had a project (I think it was originally Shiri's idea) whre
everyone would build a part of a castle wall, with whatever they wanted
attached to it (Armory, Blacksmith's Shop, whatever).  There were set
parameters for the wall itself and the connectors between walls.  Then
everyone's wall could be joined together.  Sounds a lot like the moonbase. huh?

We did just do this at Brickfest ("we" in the loose sense as I was not
there).  There was a walled town in the Castle room where different people
brought modules that all fit together.  As it turns out, one person built
all of the actual walls and others built town buildings, but others could
have built walls, too, or guard towers or whatever.  My impression was that
the Moonbase idea intially was driven by seeing other joint-build projects
(and, let's all admit it, it is the Train guys who are really the kings at
this).  There is discussion over in the .town section as well on coming up
with a standard so that creations could be put together to make city blocks.

Bruce