 Castle / 14440
14439  |  14441
Subject:
Train and Castle pics (from PLUGfest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:52:29 GMT

Hi guys,

I'm just posting the link to the pics from the latest PLUGfest, where I had
the chance to take some snapshots of my bridge (mentioned earlier on
.trains, about 4 months ago), and a couple other stuff.
Since there is no text, I'll make a brief summary of what's to be seen on
the same webpage:

http://plug.no.sapo.pt/new/plug.html

#1- Luís Baixinho's storage system; Hobbes sculpture (modelled from BS
images, I believe);
#2,3- Some experiments I'm making with door mechanisms for hangars and large
buildings (eventually will be remotely operated) - these are not even
prototypes yet!
#4,5,6,7- Luís' windmill, various angles; it has undergone reconstruction
since its rendering was uploaded to brickshelf. Notice how it matches the
scale of the Guarded Inn, but looks sturdier with its present design. Two of
my favourite features that are visible are the tree on the wall and the
sails, which are themselves linked to the millstone with a very cool
mechanism (non-Technic!)
#8- View of the bridge, lifted (front)
#9- The mini-layout we set up to test the bridge; after the pic was taken,
we placed more locos and cars on the track to test the maximum load (well,
it had survived 100km in a crowded Mazda, so...) On the sofa, Zé Pedro is
looking for parts in his backpack, Luís is smiling at the SFSC. Notice a
VELUX house all alone over some boxes of LEGO, and the 2000 Soccer Stadium
on the floor (yes, it was used later on...) If you have a fertile
imagination you can also picture the two automated points near the SFSC, on
the floor - but they did not work properly that day.
#10- Bridge, lifted (sideview)
#11- 4 x D batteries are needed for balance. They are NOT fixed!
#12- The bridge, standing alone (closed). Notice the speed regulators: one
is used to lift the bridge in about a minute, the other manages the two
track blocks (bridge+oval). Originally I had intended to try using the
bridge as a two-way, only I forgot I'd need more connectors to do that... :-S
#13- Me, holding a brand new 6049 :-)
#14- Mosaic (doh!) of Tânia and Luís - Now I want one for me too!!! :-P

(Missing still: my own storage system, and LB's future space bomber)

Please apologise the low quality, pics are from a disposable camera and the
light was terrible (first day of rain this season). Anyway, I hope you can
at least have an idea of what we have been doing in .pt; hopefully we'll get
more cameras AND time to take better shots in the next PLUGfest, scheduled
for next Easter. Until then...

Please let us know what you think!  :-)

Pedro

(PS - FUT is set to .loc.pt, but feel free to change it if you wish to ask
questions about anything with its own newsgroup)