 Castle / 128
Re: Hello at all Castle Lovers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:02:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Beth Reiten writes:
Obviously, TLG uses the SCA/Rennie view of the middle ages: everybody who • wants to
be can be a noble!  Who wants to be a peasant?

"Help! Help!  I'm being oppressed!"

One of my favorite (mis)quotes.  "You can't just call yourself King because
some watery tart lobbed a sword at you!  You have to win Crown, too!"

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

"Listen-- strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a
system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the
masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield
supreme executive power just 'cuz some wat'ry tart threw a sword at you! I
mean, if I went 'round, sayin' I was an emperor just 'cuz some moistened bink
had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

sorry to nitpick... I just couldn't resist :)

<grin>  S'okay.  If I dredged my memory, I could have pulled up the correct
one, too.  What I did quote was a random person I heard last Clinton war
mocking politics.  (SCAdian reference)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

<follow-up set to off-topic.fun - SCA may be castle, but it's not Lego :) >