 Castle / 122
Re: Hello at all Castle Lovers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 02:57:32 GMT

Obviously, TLG uses the SCA/Rennie view of the middle ages: everybody who wants to
be can be a noble!  Who wants to be a peasant?

"Help! Help!  I'm being oppressed!"

Beth Reiten

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
Like we have said at NELUG meetings make the peasant King and the Kings
soldier and the Soldiers peasants.  :)  Makes for a much more realistic
distribution as long as you don't mind using a pitchfork for a septure and a
sword to shovel hay...

:)  (assorted snips)

I see the same problem in other themes as well.  Lots of Kings/Rulers quite a
few Solders but no subjects to rule/oppress.

I guess that citizenry is just not exciting enough for kids in TLG's oppinion.

For castle, I might recommend
something like a peasant or two in each castle... carrying a hay-cart or
something, looking after the horses, etc. Would help slowly build up the
peasant population perhaps, and still would be appealing.

Laterz,
DaveE