 Castle / 126
Re: Who is Robin Hood?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dirk Niermann writes:
Hi all,

Lately my little daughter wants to know the secret about the green minifigs of
the (older) forestmen theme she´s playing with. My answer was that they
are meant to be Robin Hood and friends, cause this subtheme is called Robin
Hood in our catalogs. Then she asked me which one is Robin Hood and I did´nt
know.

I took a look in the catalogs but it is at least not clear to me which minifig
TLG wants to be the leader of the green gang. Set 6046 comes with two • minifigs,
one with a red (or sometimes brown) collar and one with a money purse. In the
catalog they are called Robin Hood and a guard. But who´s who? And who is the
woman in set 6071? Maid Marian??

The situation seems to be more transparent in the 96 forestmen sets. I • imagine,
the leader figure is not the guy with the chain mail but the minifig with the
leather vest. But unfortunately these sets are no longer called Robin Hood, • but
forestmen....

Maybe catalogs of other countries can answer the questions?

Dirk

I guess this is where imagination comes into play.  But, if you ask me (Which
basically you did) I would consider the Forestman with the black arms and
chest from 6066 to be Robin Hood since he is a rare figure.

The women is known around here as the Forest Wench although I don't think you
would want to use that name around your daughter!

Dan