 Castle / 1188

Subject:
Leo's Castle... flags?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:25:44 GMT

Ok, I had it out in the living room the other day, and upon taking it back into
my room, I noticed that of the 5 towers, 1 was missing a flag... Naturally, I
assumed that I had bumped it off, or the cat had tackled it and it was
somewhere in the vicinity of my living room, lying in some hiding place...
Searching revealed nothing, and suddenly the instruction manual caught my eye:
there's no flag pictured on the top turret! Of course I opened up the manual,
and there's a flag on the TOP turret, but it shows no flag on the CATAPULT's
tower... hence, it looked from the booklet that there WERE only 4 of the blue
flags flying above the castle... But just now I looked at the picture in the
pause guide and noticed all 5 flying proudly over the castle's 5 towers... Did
I loose a flag? Did they make a mistake in the catalog picture or the
instruction manual?

DaveE

Re: Leo's Castle... flags?
[...]

Well, as far as I can tell, that is the only instance of five flags.  I know
mine only came with four.  S@H only shows four, also.

Jeff

Re: Leo's Castle... flags?
[...]

Funnily enough, I've just been worrying about this myself.

A quick look through the instructions show that I've built it correctly,
and there is *no* flag on the tower with the trebuchet-type thingy on
it. See page 40.

This differs from the front cover picture, but there are definitely only
4 flags.

Where did the Pause picture come from?

--
Tony Priestman

Re: Leo's Castle... flags?
Funnily enough, I've just been worrying about this myself.

A quick look through the instructions show that I've built it correctly,
and there is *no* flag on the tower with the trebuchet-type thingy on
it. See page 40.

This differs from the front cover picture, but there are definitely only
4 flags.

Where did the Pause picture come from?

--
Tony Priestman

  At this very moment I an looking at the 2000 catalog. It specifically shows
5 flags. Is just the flag missing or is the flag holder missing as well? Is it
possible that the difference between 6091 and 6098 is the flag on top?

   Hmmm......

-Rich

Re: Leo's Castle... flags?
Funnily enough, I've just been worrying about this myself.

A quick look through the instructions show that I've built it correctly,
and there is *no* flag on the tower with the trebuchet-type thingy on
it. See page 40.

This differs from the front cover picture, but there are definitely only
4 flags.

Where did the Pause picture come from?

--
Tony Priestman

At this very moment I an looking at the 2000 catalog. It specifically shows
5 flags. Is just the flag missing or is the flag holder missing as well? Is it
possible that the difference between 6091 and 6098 is the flag on top?

  Hmmm......

Flagpole and flag. It seems a lot of trouble to print different boxes
for the sake of a flag :-)

Particularly as the instructions seem to be the same.
--
Tony Priestman

Re: Leo's Castle... flags?
In lugnet.castle, Tony Priestman writes:
On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Rich Manzo (<FnJ79r.FKt@lugnet.com>) wrote at
02:08:15

Funnily enough, I've just been worrying about this myself.

A quick look through the instructions show that I've built it correctly,
and there is *no* flag on the tower with the trebuchet-type thingy on
it. See page 40.

This differs from the front cover picture, but there are definitely only
4 flags.

Where did the Pause picture come from?

I believe it came from the 2000 catalog.  As far as I can tell, there are only
two pictures of this set by itself.  The one in the 2000 catalog and the Lego
website, and the box cover and S@H.  The former shows 5 flags, the latter shows
4.

At this very moment I an looking at the 2000 catalog. It specifically shows
5 flags. Is just the flag missing or is the flag holder missing as well? Is
it possible that the difference between 6091 and 6098 is the flag on top?

  Hmmm......

Flagpole and flag. It seems a lot of trouble to print different boxes
for the sake of a flag :-)

Particularly as the instructions seem to be the same.

My guess is that the five flag version is a pre-production shot.

Jeff