 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 755
Re: POV-Ray and lgeo missing filles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:10:42 GMT

Scott wrote...
I am trying to render a DAT with a universal technic joing, 90.dat and a 24
tooth crown technic gear, 3650a.dat.  POV-Ray chokes at the line that includes
"lg-0090.inc" which is not present in the lgeo directory.  I cannot find that
file anywhere.  The source leading up to the error is as follows:

#if (QUAL > 0)
#ifndef (lg_0090)
#include "lg_0090.inc"
#end

With the gear the error I get is : object expected but undeclaired identifier
"lg_3650" found instead.  The source leading up to this error is as follows:

#declare _3650a_dot_dat = object {
// Technic Gear 24 Tooth Crown
lg_3650
matrix <0,0,-20/LG_BRICK_WIDTH, -20/LG_BRICK_WIDTH,0,0,
0,-24/LG_BRICK_HEIGHT,0,
0,0,0>
}

I am not sure what the problem is but I could us a little help getting past
this one.  Thanks a lot!

If you compare the 703 different references in L2P_ELMT.TAB
with the 846 lg_xxx.inc files in the LGEO directory,
you will see that

lg_0090 Technic Universal Joint End
lg_3473 ??
lg_4585 ??
lg_6229 ??

appear in L2P_ELMT.TAB, but the files don't exist!
Until Lutz Uhlmann fixes this, don't use 90.dat.
If you must, then rename it!

You will also notice that these LGEO definitions (files)

LG_2462.INC  Brick 3 x 3 Facet
LG_32073.INC Technic Axle 5
LG_3857.INC  Baseplate 16 x 32
LG_3943.INC  Cone 4 x 4 x 2
LG_4485.INC  Minifig Cap
LG_7039.INC  Wheel Old with 4 Studs

are never used, because they are not in L2P_ELMT.TAB !

Lutz is lurking, so we can hope he updates his TODO list :-)
/Lars
(Use the -d option in L3P to see the contents of the L2P_xx.TAB files)