 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 621
Subject:
different idea for cockpit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:07:23 GMT

(If you reply to this message, please follow-up
to the appropriate, specific newsgroup.  Thanks.  :-)

I came up with what I thought was an unusual orientation
for a cockpit for a spaceship or mecha.  I quickly built
a set of mecha legs for it, and created some images,
which I posted here:

"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/items/walker00.jpg"
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/items/walker01.jpg"

I just wanted to share this idea of mine (the cockpit;
I've seen mecha-legs similar to this before, in two or more
different mecha models, IIRC).  Please let me know
what you think.  ;-)

OTOH, I do have a couple of problems, though, that I'd like
for the resident geniuses of POV-RAY/ray-tracing to assist me with,
if possible.

For reference purposes, I've posted a copy of the POV-RAY code
here:

"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/povray/walker.pov.txt"

1.  The horizon line is too crisp.  This is especially noticeable
whenever I try to do a "night sky".  How do I fix this?

2.  When I try to do a "twilight sky", i.e., dark _blue_,
with stars and clouds, it winds up being a *black* sky
(with stars and a few clouds).  How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Franklin

=====
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED
COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (I.E., SPAM) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

RE: different idea for cockpit